Friday, January 14, 2011

A Note On Poetry...

Poetry
Long forgotten
These days
As I am immersed
In my prose

Fragmented words
Linger
On my tongue
Like the bittersweet
Taste
I once loved

Pictures
And images
Flashing in my head
Back and forth
On the caverns
Of my mind

Poetry
Slam
Poetry
Reading
Poetry
Lyrical
Beauty

Poetry
Long forgotten
The words of a song
The rhythm
Of life
And lies
The music
Pulsing
And beating
Like...
The blood of my veins
I wish
To intervene
Once more
On this interlude
Of sanity
Words
And sentences
And paragraphs
All tied together
With correct
Punctuation

Free form
Words
Ideas
I need
I need
I need
To get back to my core
To the magic
Of the moment
And the basic unit
Of the word

Fuck
The sentence
And fuck
The rules
I miss
The way
The words feel
Flowing downward
On the page
Like a drop
Of blood
Like a waterfall
Like the great
Deluge
Busting from what was caged
Begging to be...
Free.

Poetry
Deep
And flowing
Like my veins
Like my mind
And not at all
Like my prose...

1 comment:

  1. Is no one going to comment on this one? I really love the play on writing and using. I like the idea of making the language touch on the ideas of using, while merely talking about words...and writing. I guess I just love language, and word play. Much more than I ever loved heroin, or the rush, by the way.

    ReplyDelete