Friday, March 12, 2010

Scars

I have scars...

Track marks
On my arms
My hands
And even my neck

They have almost
Faded away,
Except one
That is from
An abscess
And it will
Always
Look like
A hole in my arm

But, there are scars
That go much deeper
Than just
The surface

I have scars...
On my heart
And my mind
Deep gashes
All through my soul

Its those scars
That will never
Go away
I only hope
They may fade
With time

It seems
Scars run deep
And jagged
Popping up
When I least expect it
Scars, internal
Gnawing away
A few bites at a time

Until all that is left
Is guarded
Hiding scared
In a corner
Knowing not
Why I shy
Why I act
The way I do

Scars run deep
So deep,
I cannot imagine
These depths.
I just don't want to know

And so I put on
A band-aid,
Maderma,
Whatever it takes
To cover them up
Knowing...
I do not want
To investigate further
Hoping they will
Simply go away
With time...

All the while,
I know
They are still bleeding
Scars

No comments:

Post a Comment