Friday, November 19, 2010

Coworker Bitch

I should no longer be disappointed in the greedy assholes of this world. But, of course I let them piss me off...yet, again.

Let me explain...I work as a waitress. We work off tips. My job has just started a team service approach where two servers work together, sharing tables and tips. I should have known when my coworker today refused to do it anyway other than her own...that I was in deep shit. But, of course, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. And I hate to stand up to bossy, overbearing people sometimes. (I need to work on that.)

Anyway, this girl I am partnered with today is always talking about her activities with the church, and she is always toting around some morally righteous slogans. My mom says those are the ones you always have to watch out for... Anyway, this bitch totally fucked me. Before we got any tables, she had talked me into splitting everything equally because she was so damn fair. As soon as we decided to split everything...she suddenly comes down with a case of really terrible cramps. Then, she is nauseous, and thinking of going to the hospital. So, I wait on all nine tables that are jammed with people for three hours during lunch...while this bitch walks around groaning and talking about the fucking hospital. But, she refuses to leave until the rush is over.

When it is over she demands half her money, so she can get to the hospital. I tell her I do not think it is fair, and she takes the money anyway...more than half the money for less than a third of the fucking work! Then, instead of going to the hospital she sits around rolling other people's silverware for an extra twenty bucks! I think I am so pissed because of the principle. She is always talking the game, but when it comes down to it...she is just as selfish and greedy as the next person.

And I have been really nice to her! When the restaurant first opened, and she could not afford to buy a shirt for work...I gave this bitch two shirts I already had! I have gone into work when she called me sick. I called her to check on her when she got suspended for giving poor service. I ask about her fucking kids every damn day. And she still fucks me over!

I try to chalk it up to a lesson learned. Never trust this bitch again! But, I am still pissed. I would have never taken half the money if I didn't do much work. But, then...I am honest. And I am fair. And I am too fucking nice sometimes. And I am definitely too willing to give people the benefit of the doubt.

It is always heartbreaking to learn that another person is just another asshole. I should stop giving people the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong. I should just consider everyone to be a selfish fucking asshole, until they prove otherwise. You are not innocent until proven guilty, but instead...the opposite. You are a fucking asshole until you can prove that you are really a decent person. But, I know I cannot do this. And I know I will keep trusting people as I give them the benefit of the doubt. And I will often be disappointed. But, hopefully...the rest of them will be gems.

I do have quite a few gems in my life. I have a few friends that are worth their weight in gold...who would do anything necessary for me, and I for them. Although it would be easier to become angry and bitter and jaded...it is just not in my nature.

3 comments:

  1. this is so true,people in the straight world, lie,cheat ,& steal.When I was a full on junky this hardly ever happend & when it did ,it was my choice I hung with these losers, but when I cleaned up oh the scum bags I had to deal with at work had no shame.No junky has ever stolen half my gear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, what a bitch. Sorry to hear this, and yes, I would never trust her ass again.

    Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you don't have to work, and if you do, that you make a shitload of tips.

    Love,

    SB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. This sucks. I could so easily place myself in your shoes as I read this because we are a lot alike as far as wanting to see the best in people, being nice, fair, good, honest and having to deal with the opposite. Its VERY disappointing and this type of person is what gives Christianity a bad name (well, one of many things). I like the comment by Anon above. I am sure its very true.

    Sorry you have to deal with this chick, I hope you never have to share tables with her again.

    ReplyDelete