Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Update, and a bit about Perry

Just a little update because I have been SUPER busy!!! I am working with the new media at my college, which involves the online paper and radio station. I start my own radio show in the morning. It is 9am, and I am not sure how many listeners will be out there listening to college radio this early...but I will have been up for hours! My show is about music. I am researching many of the unknown college bands that we play, and talking about them while playing their music. I am pretty excited. Tomorrow I talk about Thievery Corporation, whom I already know and love. They feature Perry Ferrell on one of their tracks, and I have to say I have made respect for anyone who works with Perry Ferrell...

SPEAKING OF PERRY FERRELL...
I fucking love this man. And I think he is really fucking sexy. Back in the early days of Jane's Addiction, I loved them. Most of my friends swooned over Dave Navarro, but I always got weak at the knees with the sight of Perry Ferrell. I mean, just watch the man, with his energy and his oddities. And his voice...sexy as shit. He is weird, and I fucking love it. Not to mention, the whole kissing other men on stage is a turn on to me. I just watch perry Ferrell and get excited. I saw him last summer, and he is sexier than ever, by the way. His hair is shorter and more brown than it used to be, and he is in better shape. I always loved his stick thin figure, but recently he had some muscles (lean muscles of a former skinny man...) and I loved the muscles too. He is just fucking sexy. (I also think Billy Corgan is one of the sexiest men out there...)

7 comments:

  1. I hear ya! I love it when there is one or two sexy rockers out there that makes me crazy. I am too embarrassed to tell you who some of mine are/were :) I will say I always went for the skinny ones too.

    Check out this link on my blog about one of your boyfriends: http://laylasclassicrock.blogspot.com/2009/09/billy-corgan-meets-my-son.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Barbara...just read that post. Very cool. I actually met Billy a couple of times. Let me tell you, the man is so sexy that he does not walk, he slinks. You will appreciate this, I actually saw him cover the Allman Brothers, Jessica in concert in Columbia SC. The next night, he walked into the restaurant I worked in, sat down at my bar (I was bartending), and ordered an orange juice. We talked about him playing Jessica the night before. He said he was busted because he did not think any of his fans would recognize that song. He invited me to go to this crazy underground club called the Septic Tank, in Charlotte NC. A good time was had by all. He is very cool. And still very sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Barbara...PS, I love how you call him my boyfriend! My best friend says the same thing to me about him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Scott...I actually knew that. When I went to name my son, I looked at Perry's name to possibly use parts of it. I like the Peripheral thing, brilliant. Perry Farrel is fucking brilliant. His real name is Peretz Bernstein (none of which I thought a suitable name for my son, though...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is a great artist and visonary; albiet a little more "peripheral" for my older, getting more conservative every day thinking but... Jane's Addiction is still one of my favorites and gets regular rotation on my iPod. I sure have enjoyed his music, the buzz he brought to it and the live concerts I was able to attend in St. Pete and Orlando, back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS; Peretz Bernstein (or any parts of that)would be a tough name to endow on any child but now that you mention it; probably helped make him the scrappy, savvy musician, artist buisness man he is today.

    ReplyDelete