Thursday, May 12, 2011

Graduation Is Upon Us, Well...Me, Anyway

Well, just a mere update...but, a very important one, at that. I finished my last class of my college career tonight. At least until I change my mind and go to grad school. For the time being, though, I am sticking it out at the restaurant...while I set aside one day to write. And I am going to pursue writing for the next six months, while I pay my bills waiting tables. My mouth is watering to think of the delicious Carnitas we serve! (That seems like a sarcastic comment, but really I love the Carnitas...and I guess I am glad that there will not be too much change all at once in my life.)

It really seems like I just started back to school the other day. I actually was blogging when I first went back to college. And I graduate on Saturday.

I am glad it is over. I am glad to relax a little tonight. And then, tomorrow morning...I am going to start my new writing projects. Or I am going to dedicate the morning to my new projects that I have already started.

Graduation. I am proud, I guess. I am glad to be finished, finally. And I hope to make a living as a writer within the next two years...in any capacity I can.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the graduation-certainly no small feat, especially while working and raising your son. I think your stuff is great and appreciate the honesty in your writing. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guess????? You should be very proud. This is a major accomplishment! I am proud of you and happy for you! If anyone I know can make it as a writer, its YOU!

    Congrats! Wish I could celebrate in person over some Carnitas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I was glad when it was over, too, and my ass is never going back. I'm in the classroom of life now. Laugh.

    Love,

    SB

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so much to be proud of, so much. You are made of stern stuff, and capable of great things.

    Your life today is a miracle.

    But, stay humble. It's good for your soul:)

    ReplyDelete