Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Wow...I just found this old poem in my draft folder! Awesome!

Looking in,
A darkened window,
Shrouded in blood red velvety curtains
Darkened from both time
And corrosion.

Wow, I just found this in an old drafts folder.  This is super powerful!  I love it.  I write poetry stream of consciousness, and this is just how it flows out.  Sometimes, when I read back through it, it sucks.  Other times, it is amazing.  I love this one....

For so many years,
I kept that candle burning
But, it only helped to keep me in the dark,
Never, ever bringing light
And only driving that away
With the swells of sadness inside
The candle
Only caused me to dwell in the past...

And finally, finally...
I snuffed it out.
Damn, it took me some fucking time...
A lot of years clean
To even see the truth
A lot of years clean
To see it all for what it was really worth.
What under the bridge, you say?
I say we witnessed a fucking flood, baby.
We witnessed a catastrophic category 5
First hand.
And you think it was just a little water...

Some things can never be saved
And some things are lost forever.
And other things...are just better left alone.
For your shit was sucking me dry.

5 comments:

  1. Hey B Melons howzit going? Long time no hear. I gave you a shout today:

    http://gledwood4.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/binky-telling-me-im-cuckoo-clock-plus.html

    I love your poetry and keep meaning to write some of my own someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. SoberBook.com is a safe, anonymous place where ALL people can tell their stories without having to attach a name or face to the words. It is here that you will see chapters about finding recovery, overcoming obstacles, mending relationships, achieving happiness, following dreams, and much more. The goal for SoberBook.com is to create a community of support, camaraderie, and hope for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very interesting post.this is my first time visit here.i found so mmany interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion..thanks for the post! גמילה מחשיש

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing poem dude. I think the poem is so good and it has so much good details in it. I want to print and frame it and put it on the guest room in Transcend Recovery Community.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah the effect you're talking about is exactly the same as the one I've discussed in the article. Most of the research in the area is done with animals because it's the easiest way to control for all the variables, but there are human studies looking at the effect of environment and context on alcohol consumption.
    alcohol rehab indianapolis

    ReplyDelete